Tax Instalment Pre-payment Plan
The Tax Instalment Pre-payment Plan (TIPP) automatically deducts the property taxes you owe from your bank account.
The Tax Instalment Pre-payment Plan cannot be used to pay taxes that are past due or outstanding. It is designed to help you plan for paying next year's taxes, not current taxes.
Important: TIPP applications (monthly and balance) received between April 1 and June 30 will be processed to start effective the August withdrawal, to prepay the February 2014 taxes. Please ensure that the main tax bill due July 3, 2013 has been paid by the owner.
Important: Balance Only applications received between June 1 and July 31 will be processed to start effective the February 2014 due date withdrawal. Please ensure that the main tax bill due July 3, 2013 has been paid by the owner.
Why sign up for the Tax Instalment Pre-payment Plan?
- No more last-minute rushes to pay taxes, or forgetting to pay bills.
- You can earn interest on the monthly pre-payment option.
You still need to claim your home owner grant
It's easy to forget to claim your Home Owner Grant when you pay your taxes through the Tax Instalment Pre-Payment Plan. Remember that you must claim your Home Owner Grant every year, regardless of how you pay your taxes.
Eligibility criteria for the Tax Instalment Pre-payment Plan
In order to qualify for the Tax Instalment Pre-payment Plan, you:
- Must have a chequing account at any Canadian bank or financial institution
- Must not have any outstanding taxes due
How to apply
- Fill out an application form. Applications are also available for pick up if you come to Revenue Services in person at City Hall.
- Send your completed and signed application form, along with a VOID cheque, to Revenue Services at least 30 days before the start of a payment date.
Payment dates are always the first business day of the month.
Selling your property
If you are selling your property, be sure to cancel your Tax Instalment Pre-payment 30 days prior to your payment.
Send the City a signed letter stating that you wish to cancel your participation in the plan.