Community Services Directory
Many Vancouver organizations offer support and aid to individuals in need. The list below is by no means exhaustive.
Free / Low-Cost Meals & Bargain Food
See Services and Community Centres (PDF) for information on free meal locations and times.
Emergency Shelters & Free Shower / Laundry Facilities
Free Shower / Laundry Facilities
Health Clinics & Crisis Services
- ASU Adolescent Services, 550 Cambie St., (604) 660-9376
- Vancouver Bashline (counselling, information and referral for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals), (604) 899-6203
- Covenant House (youth only)
- Crisis Intervention & Suicide Prevention Centre of B.C.
- Directions Evening Programs (youth only), 1058 Comox St., (604) 688-0399
- GVMHS West End Geriatric Mental Health Team (non-emergency), 1555 Robson St., (604) 688-0738
- Helpline for Children in BC
- Kids Help Phone
- Women Against Violence Against Women Rape Crisis Center
- Under Age Safe House (13-15 years), (604) 253-5847
- Vancouver Community Mental Health Center (Regional Office), (604) 736-2033
Community & Resource Centres
For more information on local community services, contact one of the VPD's 10 Community Policing Centres.