Find motorcycle and scooter parking
In support of Vancouver's efforts to become the greenest city in the world by 2020, The City of Vancouver makes it easy to park your environmentally friendly mode of transportation.
Metered spaces for motorcycles and scooters
There are more than 200 motorcycle parking spaces, including more than 100 metered spaces, that can be used only by motorcycle and scooter drivers. These spaces are marked with:
- Green-topped meters
- Motorcycle parking signs
- White painted zones
Find a designated parking space
Use the City of Vancouver VanMap application to find designated motorcycle and scooter parking spaces in Vancouver.
Red dots indicate paid parking, and green triangles indicate free parking. Hover over the dot for the location to view any time limits or rush-hour restrictions.
Regular parking meter spaces
- Any registered vehicle can park in a regular parking meter space
- Motorcycle and registered scooter drivers get a discount when using PayByPhone
- If you do not have a license plate for your electric scooter, you must follow the same rules as a cyclist, and cannot park in regular metered spaces
If there is already a motorcycle or scooter in a parking space, you can share the spot if there is room. The rules are:
- All vehicles must fit within the painted lines
- If the meter displays time on the meter head, all bikes in the space are paid for
- If the meter displays flashing zeros, only bikes with an active PayByPhone transaction for the space are paid — unpaid bikes will be ticketed
Motorcycle and scooter parking discounts
|Vehicle||Motorcycle and scooter meter spaces||Regular parking meter spaces|
|Gas-powered motorcycles and scooters||
|Electric scooters with license plate (registered)||Free (normal meter rules apply)||
|Electric scooters without license plate (unregistered)||Free (normal meter rules apply)||Not permitted|