Interested in a career with Vancouver Fire and Rescue Services? The 2013 recruitment process begins with information sessions scheduled during the spring and summer. You must preregister to attend an information session.
Contains information about working as a firefighter for Vancouver Fire and Rescue Services. Includes qualifications, the selection process, conditions of employment, and more.
The following information and Physical Performance Tryout (PPT) sessions take place at Vancouver Fire and Rescue Services Training Department, 1330 Chess Street.
Information session dates:
- Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 6:00pm
- Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 6:00pm
- Tuesday, July 23, 2013, 6:00pm
- Wednesday, August 28, 2013, 6:00pm
Register for an information session
Physical Performance Tryout (PPT) dates:
- Sunday, April 21, 2013, 9:00am to 2:00pm (30 participants)
- Wednesday, May 15, 2013, 6:00pm to 9:00pm (20 participants)
- Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 6:00pm to 9:00pm (25 participants)
- Thursday July 18, 2013, 6:00pm to 9:00pm (25 participants)
Register for a PPT session
Applications accepted: September 16, 2013 to October 18, 2013
(application forms will be available here at the start of the application intake period)
- Written exam: Saturday, November 2, 2013
- PPA and ladder raise: Saturday, November 23, 2013
- Interviews: Monday, November 25, 2013 to Wednesday, December 18, 2013 (first group)
Vancouver Island information sessions
Vancouver Fire and Rescue Services presents "In the Pursuit of Excellence on Vancouver Island". We are hosting a series of information sessions on Vancouver Island for those interested in a career with Vancouver Fire.
Vancouver Island information session dates:
- Tuesday, July 9th, 2013, 6:30pm
Location: Comox Fire Department
1870 Noel Avenue
- Wednesday, July 10th, 2013, 6:30pm
Location: Nanaimo Yacht Club
400 Newcastle Avenue
- Thursday, July 11th, 2013, 6:30pm
Location: Fisher 100 Camosun College
3100 Foul Bay Road
To reserve your spot, please submit an email request to email@example.com. Please include your full name, email address, and phone number. Space is limited.
Find out about how to stop, drop, and roll, learn your fire extinguisher ABCs, and more. Learn how to play it safe and how to do your part to prevent fires.
We are committed to building community. This page lists our community endeavours, including the Honour Guard, the Fire and Rescue Services Band, and the Vancouver Firefighters Historical Society.
Earn your CPR and First Aid certification through courses taught by professional firefighters. Sign yourself or a group up for training.
Have your blood pressure checked at public health and safety awareness clinics conducted by professional firefighters.
Find a fire hall in your neighbourhood. Schools and community groups can arrange a fire hall tour to learn and remember fire safety tips.
The Fire and Life Safety House is a portable classroom where firefighters teach fire protection and home fire safety tips to Grade 3 students within Vancouver schools.
Register for our 90-minute workshop where professional firefighters teach practical fire protection, prevention, and safety tips as part of your fire safety plan.