Vancouver has two special events offices:
- The Park Board Special Events Office - for events held in a park and on the seawall.
- The City Special Events Office (FASE) - for events held on streets, sidewalks, and public plazas.
Events bring people together to have fun, to mark important events, or to work towards a higher purpose.
The focus of event approvals is to make sure that events are safe, and don’t negatively affect the community. We want you to have a fun, safe, memorable event.
What's happeningApplications are now open for Vancouver’s first Special Event Advisory Task Force
We are looking for people with a broad range of experience and expertise hosting everything from small grassroots community events to large-scale, complex events.
The purpose of the task force is to:
- Identify challenges and opportunities in the current events permitting processes
- Examine how to reduce the amount of time it takes for the City to issue event permits
- Examine application complexity and identify opportunities for simplification
- Consider separate permitting streams for smaller and larger events
- Explore how to reduce barriers for music and arts related events
- Consider an event policy that spans both public and private property
For more information, review the terms of reference PDF file (273 KB)
We are committed to recruiting individuals who represent Vancouver’s diverse events landscape and are actively seeking applications from community and industry professionals. xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) and other Indigenous People, Urban Indigenous People, Black and People of Colour, 2SLGBTQIA+ people including all genders and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We will provide accommodations upon request.
Email email@example.com with access needs or questions related to the application process.
Let us know if you have any enquiries or concerns.