Processing of applications
Access to the Business Licence Office is by appointment only. Walk-in service and drop-in appointments are not available.
To help process your applications more quickly, we have moved to a digital approach for applications, enquiries, and payments:
- Submit your business licence application by mail or email
- Renew your business licence online
- Customer enquiries, contact us online
Note Processing times are currently delayed. We will contact you with questions or next steps once we have processed your request.
What you need to know
If you are taking over an existing business:
- Your new business must be the same type of business as the existing business; for example, an existing restaurant's business licence can only be transferred to a new restaurant
- The business licence can only be transferred once per calendar year
You cannot transfer over a home-based business licence.
Steps to transferring a business licence
Contact the Licence Office
Development and Building Services Centre
515 West 10th Avenue
PO Box 7878
Vancouver, BC V6B 4E2