Tips on registering for activities
at pools, ice rinks, and community centres.
How to register
Plan, track, and manage all your requests in one place using our online registration system.
Create an account
You need an email address and be 13 years or older to create an account.
- Select Create an Account.
- Provide the information requested.
- Select Create Account.
- If adding a family member, select Create Account and Add Family Member.
- You will receive an email after submitting your request.
Using a mobile device
If you are creating a wish list or registering using a mobile device, here are tips to review search results on a smaller screen:
- Select the location(s). Do not select Search.
- Select Days of the Week, Starting Date, or Starting Time close to the Location screen so you may review the results. You don't have to enter a day of the week, date, or time.
Register multiple participants
To register each participant in the same activity:
- Select the name of the person to register.
- Select Next.
- On the Select Fees screen, select Register Another Participant for this Activity.
Refunds, suspensions, and receipts
You may suspend a Flexipass for 2 weeks or more for:
- Medical conditions (no doctor's note required)
- Absences (holidays, business trips)
- Facility closures (example: the pool you use is closed for a period of time)
Visit a recreation facility to suspend or reactivate a pass.
Important information You can only suspend a pass before it expires. Only the remaining time at the time you request the suspension will be put on hold.
- Sign in to your account.
- Select My Account.
- Select My Payment Receipts.
- Select the receipts you need.
For receipts before fall 2015, visit your nearest community centre.
- Available for 1, 3, or 12-months
- Access our fitness centres, indoor and outdoor pools, and ice rinks
- Includes admission to:
- Aquafit classes
- Drop-in hockey
- Public swim and skate sessions
- Sledge hockey
- Stick and puck
- Get 10 admissions to our fitness centres, indoor and outdoor pools, and ice rinks
- Lower price per visit than drop-in fees
Provides low-income Vancouver residents with access to basic recreation programs and services at a reduced cost.
Gives free access to non-profit agency staff and volunteers assisting clients who live in Vancouver.
Strathcona recreation subsidy pilot program
Lower cost admission to Strathcona Community Centre recreation programs for residents of the V6A area code with financial challenges.
Gift cards do not expire and:
- May be loaded for any denomination from $25 to $500
- Can be used for:
- Recreation admission and passes
- Program or lesson registration
- Recreation facility rentals
- Golf course green fees
- Pitch and putt green fees and products
- Garden admissions
- May be bought, reloaded, and redeemed at participating locations
Does your group or organization have 10 or more people who want to buy monthly Flexipass recreation passes?
Apply to join our Corporate / Group Flexipass Discount Program for a 25% discount.
Services and features
Our fitness centres offer equipment and features, including:
- Cardio and strength training machines
- Free weights
- Accessible fitness equipment
- Stretching area
- Personal training
Register for swimming lessons online or in person at any Park Board recreation facility, including facilities without a pool. Some locations and times are very popular. Get registration tips.
Swimming lesson age groups
We offer lessons at 9 indoor pools. There are four age groups, each with options based on the student's abilities.
- Parent and tot: 4 to 36 months
- Preschool: 3 to 6 years
- Swim kids: 5 to 16 years
- Teen and adult (16+ years)
Get a free assessment
Not sure what level to register in?
Visit one of our pools during public swim time and ask for a free swim assessment.
Important information Children under age 8 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian in the water.
Public swimming drop-in schedules
Learn to skate levels
Register in lessons for your age group. There are:
- 6 preschool levels
- 7 child and youth levels
- 3 adult levels
Register only in the recommended level and age group indicated on your most recent report card or on your on-ice assessment.
Get a free assessment
Not sure what level to register in? Visit one of our rinks during a public skate time and ask for a free skating assessment.
Important information Students cannot be transferred after registration and will be asked to withdraw from the program if they're not registered in the appropriate level.
Helmets and skates
Skate rentals are not included with skating lesson fees.
A limited number of helmets are available to borrow for lessons.
Review stores offering discounts on CSA-certified helmets with a current receipt for lessons.
Public skating drop-in schedules
Going to ice rinks during COVID-19
During lessons, you must wear a CSA-certified:
- Hockey helmet
- Snowboard helmet
Bicycle helmets are not permitted.
We also recommend wearing a CSA-certified helmet for public skating.