Get your collection schedule, how to set items out for pickup,
what goes where, and disposing of special items.
Set your bins out by 7am on your scheduled collection day. Find your schedule and set up reminders on the VanCollect app.
Too many items to fit in your bins?
- Use your green bin and recycling program to reduce waste going into the garbage bin
- Drop off extra items at the Zero Waste Centre, transfer station, or landfill (fees apply)
- Buy extra garbage bag stickers
- Order larger garbage bins or green bins
Remember to set your bins out properly, so there is at least 1 m (3 feet) of space on all sides and 3 m (10 feet) of clearance above.
Recycling collection is provided by Recycle BC . We do not collect recycling. Contact your service provider for questions about service, schedules, missed pickups, bins, boxes, and bags.
Houses and duplexes
GFL (formerly Smithrite Disposal Ltd)
Waste Management Canada
- Line your kitchen container with newspaper
- Drain excess liquids in the sink
- Freeze smelly food scraps until collection day
- Empty your kitchen container often into your green bin
- Rinse your kitchen container and green bin occasionally
- If you have green bin service, put your tree in your collection area
- Bring your tree to a charity tree-chipping event
- Bring your tree to the transfer station or landfill
Remove all decorations and tinsel before recycling your tree.
Quickly report issues and request City services with our Van311 app.
Or use the links below to try Van311 in your browser.