New private property rainwater management requirements come into effect on January 1, 2024.
New permit and service fees in effect January 1, 2024
Due to service levels and holiday hours, applications received in December may be:
- Processed in the new year
- Subject to 2024 fees
Submit your completed application as soon as possible to be eligible for processing in 2023.
Get by-law details
To more effectively respond to incidents, mitigate health risks by pathogens (such as Legionella pneumophila), and ensure compliance with updated standards, operating permits help us and health authorities track new and existing:
- Cooling towers
- Decorative water features
- Systems treating drinking water (building water treatment systems)
- Systems using rainwater (non-potable water systems)
Looking for an electrical annual permit? Review the steps and get an electrical annual permit
Ready to get your permit?
- Review what systems require an operating permit.
- Review our guide on how to use the online permit system for operating permits PDF file (2 MB).
- Register for an online account (If you don't have an account.).
- Submit your application.
- Report water quality results as required. For Legionella pneumophila and E. coli, review laboratory requirements and sampling guidelines (under Water quality testing and reporting).
- Keep your operating permit up-to-date. Use the online system for annual permit renewal and updating equipment status.
For additional information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 604-873-7549.