Water service call fees and hours
Fees are based on the scheduled time of your service call. Tax is included.
|Scheduled time of service call
Cost per service call
(per hour or portion thereof)
|Regular service calls
|Monday to Friday, 7am to 3:30pm
|Emergency service calls
- Monday to Friday, 3:30pm to 7am
- Weekends, anytime
- Statutory holidays, anytime
(includes follow-ups within 2 hours)
We cover the cost of repairing water service leaks on City property only. If you request a service call and the cause of the leak is on private property, we will bill the property owner for the fees above. We don't repair water leaks on private property.
Sewage backups or sewer blockages
Sewer system backups and blockages can be caused by:
- Objects being accidentally placed into the private plumbing system
- Tree roots that invade underground drainage pipes
- Collapsed sewer pipe
Property owner responsibility
The property owner is responsible for what is discharged into a sewer lateral or sewer service line from the property structure to, and into, the City’s sewer main.
The City sewer crew looks at what caused the blockage, not where the blockage occurred:
- Whatever causes the blockage determines who is responsible for the problem and the charges.
- If no cause can be determined, then it is assumed that the blockage was the result of an item or object improperly discharged by the homeowner.
Someone with authority needs to be at home to sign the service agreement.
This permits the crew to perform the work and binds the owner to pay for charges if the blockage is determined to be the owner's responsibility.
No work will be done unless this agreement is signed.
Sewer repair fees and hours
Tax included in all charges. Fees include labour costs for two workers, equipment rental, travel time, and overhead costs.
On average, crews require between 2 and 2½ hours to clear sewer backups or blockages. Service calls dispatched after hours, on weekends, or on statutory holidays will incur the flat rate minimum call-out charge for two hours of work.