Access and parking along Granville Street between Hastings and Smithe streets—the Granville Mall area—is not open to general vehicular traffic.
Vehicles with automatic access to Granville Mall include:
- Buses, taxis, and limousines
- Vehicles for people with physical disabilities, such as HandyDart
Granville Mall permits
If you drive a commercial vehicle that is not listed above, you require a Granville Mall permit in order to access Granville Street between Hastings and Smithe streets.
Bring all current vehicle insurance to our Client Services Centre to buy a permit.
|Vehicle type||Permit type||Fee|
|Commercial||1 to 14 days||$35.05|
Taxes are not included.
Your vehicle can be ticketed or towed if you:
- Do not display the Granville Mall permit on your vehicle dashboard so that the permit is visible through your front windshield
- Stop on the Granville Mall during rush hour (from 7am to 9:30am, or from 3pm to 6pm)
- Are not parked parallel to the transitway
- Are parked more than 1.5 metres into, or completely on the transitway
- Stop to load or unload a taxi or limousine for more than three minutes
- Stop to load or unload a commercial vehicle for more than 30 minutes
- Stop to load or unload a vehicle displaying a valid permit for more than 120 minutes
- Stop to load or unload any other type of commercial vehicle for more than 30 minutes
- Stop or park at a bus stop
- Stop or park within 5 metres of a fire hydrant
5th floor, Crossroads
507 West Broadway (at Cambie St)
Monday to Friday (except holidays)
8:30am to 4pm, by appointment only