The Park Board Integrity Commissioner, as an independent officer on a 6 month term, is responsible for carrying out the duties and responsibilities set out in section 4.7 of the Park Board Code of Conduct Policy PDF file (59 KB) (referred to as the Policy).
The Policy applies to Park Board Commissioners (elected) and Advisory Committee members (appointed) (referred to as Park Board members) and the Park Board Integrity Commissioner.
Duties and responsibilities of the Park Board Integrity Commissioner include:
- Assisting with informal resolution of requests and complaints
- Investigating Policy complaints
- Providing education, advice, and recommendations to Park Board members on questions of compliance and the ethical obligations and responsibilities of members under the Policy
- Aiding the public in their understanding of the Policy
- Producing an annual report, including recommendations for improvements to the Policy
Meet Lisa Southern, Park Board Integrity Commissioner
Appointed July 4, 2023
Ms Southern’s practice focuses on work as a neutral third party for both public and private sector organizations. She has conducted investigations in all areas of workplace conflict, including those involving privacy issues, human rights, harassment, and workplace health and safety. She is frequently appointed as a mediator and arbitrates labour disputes.
Park Board Integrity Commissioner team
Submit a Code of Conduct Policy complaint
Is your complaint about a City Councillor or an Advisory Board member?
File your complaint to the City of Vancouver Integrity Commissioner